If you are trying out electric cigarettes for the first time, you may have already noticed that e cigarettes have a similar flavor and offer a great experience when compared with traditional cigarettes. There are some differences to keep in mind as you get used to the products. These tips from experienced vapers can help:
1) Buy extra atomizers and batteries. You will need to replace these most often, so once you find a brand you like buy the extra batteries and atomizers so that they are on hand when you need them. Consider buying online – in some cases, buying directly from the company means taking part in a reward program that gets you free accessories and special deals.
2) Have the extra chargers that make recharging your battery easy. Once you find a brand you like, buy a USB charger, wall charger, car charger, and USB cigarette. These will ensure that you will be able to vape and renew your batteries when you need to – no matter where you are.
3) Give e liquid a try. Many enjoy the convenience of pre-filled cartridges, but you can save even more with e liquid, while also enjoying more control over the strength and flavor of your e cig. You can mix your own flavors and try different combinations quite easily and e cigarette makers have made using e liquid easy so there’s no need to worry about messy spills.
4) Practice taking slow, gentle puffs. This will enhance your vaping experience and will produce the most vapor. It will also allow all the components of the e cigarette to last longer. E cigarettes are sensitive, so you do not have to take deep, hard drags to get a good throat hit.
5) Err on the side of a lower nicotine dose. You may end up using your new e cigs more than you mean to because they are convenient and can be used in more public areas. As a result, you may end up taking in more nicotine than you intend. E cigarettes give you lots of control over nicotine density so you can use that to wean yourself off nicotine and consume less of it.
7) Take care of your atomizer. If you are using a three-piece e cigarette, switch atomizers each day if you vape a lot. This will prevent the atomizers from getting clogged. In addition, make sure the coils of the atomizer stay moist. You can do this by not taking deep puffs that can overheat or clog the atomizer. You can also care for your atomizer by ensuring that you never use a dry cartridge with an atomizer.
8) Join the vaping community. There are vaping events, online forums, and discussions you can join. It’s a great way to get tips, meet other vaping fans, and learn about new products and accessories. Start with events in your area or check out the website of the brand you like best. Many e cigarette brands have social media pages or have websites that contain lots of information about the community.
Return to eCig Buying Guide